As one of the members of the library from Cambridge University, Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS, is really a quality book for those who want to improve their band score 6.0+. It provides a concise and practical sprint review plan for IELTS candidates. Let’s find out more details about this book with Dol through the article below!
The book Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS, compiled by two authors Vanessa Jakeman and Clare McDowell, was first published in 2006 through Cambridge University Press, so this book is considered high quality, with a high reputation. Among the numerous titles in today’s IELTS preparation market, candidates can have absolute confidence in the accuracy and application of Cambridge University’s books.
The book has two separate versions for learners in Academic and General Training formats.
Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS Review
Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS is a concise, in-depth, moderate-level guide to preparing for the exam and is designed to assume that you’re preparing for IELTS in the weeks leading up to an actual job post.
The book delves into a detailed analysis of each question type, providing readers with a last-minute action plan, accompanied by examples, mini-exercises, and strategies to boost scores. your score in the actual test as high as possible.
In terms of explicit content, the book has some great points compared to other IELTS preparation titles:
- The book distributes knowledge for all 4 skills of the IELTS test and is divided into 4 independent chapters.
- Each chapter starts with an overview of the exam structure and standard types, followed by review exercises for each part/type of the test and a summary of the method for handling that type of test.
- After completing the activities for each skill, the book provides a reference exam, helping learners to apply all the knowledge they have learned to the test.
- The book’s final section is filled with detailed answers to the exercises, including audio scripts and sample answers, which are ideal for self-study.
True to its name, Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS should be used by those in the sprint stage, with only 1 month left until the official IELTS exam. Because the exercises in the book are designed with the same structure, length, and difficulty as the actual exam, you need to have an ability above 5.0 in new skills to be able to take advantage of the book to system all Types of lessons and the application of strategies to handle different types of exams in the exam.
In addition, because the book integrates all four skills into a reasonably concise document, it is impossible to provide a variety of practice exercises or test questions. Therefore, those of you who have a lot of time or need intensive practice for a particular skill should look to other specialized training titles instead of the quick review materials as above.
Pros & Cons
The brightest point of Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS is that when reading, you will feel the detail and meticulousness of the author when presenting each item and each exercise in the book.
The knowledge the book provides is convenient and valuable. For example, with the Reading section, the reader will first discuss the entire structure of a test, the characteristics of each common type of test, and then how to solve every kind of problem through a detailed Action Plan. Specific, and finally, an applied exercise for learners to practice.
However, this IELTS self-study material has a small limitation: with a capacity of a little more than 100 pages, the book could not add many examples for each question type.
The number of exercises is just enough for you to understand well how this part should be done, and how the other leg should be solved, but not enough for you to master that type of question, which means you need to equip yourself with their exercises to ‘practice’ more. Besides, because it is written in 100% English, the book requires readers to have a certain amount of English background knowledge.
Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS Study Guide
With the strengths and weaknesses of the book that 9IELTS has just mentioned above, 9IELTS has some tips to help you optimize the effectiveness of the book:
- Prepare a notebook/notebook that summarizes the methods mentioned in the book.
- Complete the exercises in the order presented in the book. In addition, you should schedule a time to alternate learning and practice all 4 skills evenly, instead of learning all of these skills and then moving on to another.
- Collect complete IELTS test questions on the Internet or other books (Recent Actual Tests, Cambridge IELTS, …) to check the skills you have practised with the book. At the same time, this will also help you become more familiar with the exam structure, reduce pressure when taking the actual exam, and anticipate problems that may be encountered in the exam room.
Download Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS Free
Please access the links below to download the Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS book and start practising the synthesis of 4 skills! Through this article, 9IELTS evaluates Cambridge Action Plan for IELTS as a must-have book in your IELTS preparation materials. This book can be considered a “secret” book for students about to step up on the exam and a “treasure” for IELTS teachers!
Leave a Reply