Describe a book that you would like to read again
You should say:
- What the book was about
- Why you read it the first place
- What you learned from this book
And explain why you would like to read it again.
Okay so I would like to tell you about the book called Harry Potter, which is a fantasy novel, written by the British author J. K. Rowling. It’s one that I can reread time and time again.
The book describes the life of a young wizard named Harry Potter and his two best friends, Ron and Hermione. Harry has to struggle to kill the Dark wizard Lord Voldemort, whose aim is to become immortal and destroy all those who stand in his way of ruling the world.
The reason why this book comes to mind is that it is a reminder of my childhood. It was a gift for my birthday from my parents to reward my high score in an exam at school. Up until now, I can still remember clearly how fascinated I was when I received it.
Thanks to this book, I realized that determination and effort play essential roles in achieving my goals. Since then, I have always worked hard to overcome all obstacles and challenges in my life.
Harry Potter will always be on my to-read list for a number of reasons. Firstly, I have always been a great admirer of science fiction books so I love the way that the author describes the whole magical world with the magic school, Hogwarts, and the flying brooms. Secondly, reading this book not only helps me to relax after a long day of work or study but also cheers me up whenever I am feeling blue.
1. fantasy novel – a book that involves magic or imaginary worlds
2. author – someone who writes a book, story or article
3. time and time again – on many occasions, many times
4. immortal – to never die
5. comes to mind – an idea or thought that appears in your mind
6. fascinated – to be very interested
7. determination and effort – to focus your attention and use a lot of energy to do something
8. play essential roles – are important parts of something
9. overcome all obstacles – to get through any problems
10. to-read list – a list of books that you want to read
11. admirer – to like something
12. cheers me up – makes me feel better or happier
13. feeling blue – feeling down or sad