Describe a change in your life.
You should say:
- What the change was
- When it happened
- Why it happened
And explain how you have benefited from this change.
I would like to talk about one of the greatest transformations in my life. I used to weigh around 65 kilos and after about 6 months of continuous dieting and working out, I successfully lost 15 kilos.
When I was a teenager, I mainly subsisted on fast foods such as fried chicken, hamburgers or crisps. And with a number of high school exams I was often forced to stay up late and eat even more. As a result, I put on weight rapidly and one day, when I stepped on a scale, it read 65 kilos, and I knew that I had to start my weight- loss journey or I would become overweight.
After consulting my aunt, who worked as a nutritionist, I understood that losing weight was all about diet and exercise. Firstly, I cleaned out my fridge of all my favourite unhealthy foods, and began cooking homemade meals. I also drank at least 2 litres of water a day instead of soft drink. Secondly, I registered at my local gym and started to workout at least three times a week. And as well as this, I started going to bed early at night and waking up at 5 am to go biking every morning.
After 6 months of working out regularly and resisting junk food, my weight dropped to 50 kilos. However, it was not only about the weight loss, but also about the changes in my health. I felt stronger and happier than ever before. I rarely got sick and my skin also looked brighter. More importantly though, I regained my selfconfidence. I used to run and hide from cameras, but now I am much more comfortable being photographed.
And the best thing is that I am now able to finally wear my old dresses and skinny jeans.
1. transformation – a complete change
2. dieting – eating or not eating certain foods to lose weight
3. working out – to exercise to improve health and fitness
4. subsisted on – to live or survive on
5. put on weight – got heavier or fatter
6. scale – something used to measure weight
7. weight-loss journey – a period of time when someone tries to lose weight to improve their health
8. nutritionist – an expert on what foods people should eat for good health
9. homemade meals – food that is cooked at home
10. registered – to join or signup
11. biking – to ride a bicycle
12. resisting – trying hard not to do something
13. regained my self-confidence – to feel confident once again
Leave a Reply