Phonetics is one of the four criteria for scoring in the IELTS Speaking test. Therefore, in order to achieve high results, it is impossible to ignore “phonics” in the review process. In this article, 9IELTS sends you free Essential phonetics for IELTS Audio download link and information for your reference.
Essential Phonetics for IELTS, compiled by author Hu Min, John A Gordon, helps students practice pronunciation skills. This is one of four books that support the comprehensive development of four skills in the IELTS exam, including: Essential phonetics for IELTS, Essential Writing for IELTS, Essential Grammar for IELTS, Essential Listening For IELTS, Essential Reading For IELTS.
Essential Phonetics for IELTS Review
In the IELTS Speaking test, four criteria are based on scoring. These four criteria are, respectively: phonetics, fluency, vocabulary and grammar; Each section is scored individually and the average of all four sections is the final score. That is why phonics is a very important part of the IELTS exam. Because if the pronunciation is not standard, it will affect the communication with the examiner and the score result.
Essential Phonetics for IELTS has a total of 6 lessons, covering the basics of phonetics and intonation. The exercises are designed to be both practical and fun. Other relevant content, as well as relatively long exercises, are added in the following appendix for reference.
Essential Phonetics for IELTS Study Guide
How to practice phonics
- Practice pronunciation of IPA according to instructions
- Practice good habits from the beginning
- Look up the dictionary for pronunciation if the word is not known
- Record and test your voice
- Ask others to listen and comment
- Re-read native speakers’ words/sentences on devices
- Listen carefully and much
- Especially practice, practice and practice
- Do not be afraid to speak. At first, you will say words, simple sentences, then you will say long sentences. When you speak, you will discover your own mistakes and learn from others. And change gradually to improve yourself.
- Listen to foreign newspapers and radio stations, watch foreign reality shows to hear how they pronounce and imitate. Not only will this improve your phonetics, but it will also help you improve your intonation, pronunciation, and familiarize yourself with special phrases/sentences used by native speakers.
Download Essential Phonetics for IELTS Free
Please visit the link below to download the Essential Phonetics for IELTS book and start practising immediately! This article has provided you with more information on how to improve your phonetics as well as learn the Essential Phonetics for IELTS book. Learning English is a process, and we hope you will continue to strive to accomplish the set goals.