Self-studying for IELTS is a long process that needs to be practised daily to help you consolidate the knowledge, experience and skills required for the test. Below, Lingo connector will introduce you to 4 IELTS preparation materials – the IETLTS Essential book series. These materials all have tips, and detailed exercises for you to practice at home.
Essential for IELTS is a set of books used by many students, to prepare for the IELTS test at home by the group of books that meet …, IELTS Essential designs creative exercises, with a systematic sequence from basic to advanced. , help learners familiarize themselves with the structure of the real test, increase their reflexes to deal with the problem and improve the missing areas of knowledge.
The book is compiled entirely in English, explicitly designed for those who are A1 or higher, so Essential for IELTS is suitable for those with a band score of 5.5 – 6.0 in IELTS.
- Warm Up: Discuss some common problems, provide grammar or simple idioms to “energize” learners.
- Skill Analysis: Detailed analysis of tips, strategies and some tips/skills when reading by each type of topic.
- Skill Training: Practice exercises corresponding to 4 skills.
Essential Reading for IELTS
Essential Reading for IELTS is designed with focused, skill-based, and relatively tricky exercises to help you achieve your target score, in the shortest time possible. In addition, the Essential Reading book also provides students with vocabulary on topics frequently appearing in the IELTS test.
The book is designed according to 3 main levels: Basic – Intermediate – Advanced to help readers to be able to, review solid foundation knowledge, so that when going to more difficult types of articles, mistakes will be avoided worth having.
The book includes: 22 Units with 52 different lessons, divided equally into 3 levels
- Level 1: Includes 6 Units, each Unit follows a simple common theme (Food, Leisure, Bank Account, Campus, …)
- Level 2: Includes 5 Units with topics that require a more diverse vocabulary. In level 2, the number of exercises also increases and requires more advanced problem-solving.
- Level 3: The most difficult level with 11 Units and a series of Lessons on different topics (Life Planning, Science and Technology, Law, Media, ..). Level 3 readings in the Skill Training section are more complex and are often taken from real IELTS Reading tests or articles.
Pros & Cons
Wordbook: After finishing all 3 levels, you will have your part of practice exercises, in-depth, according to the format of the IELTS Reading test like the real exam. Learners will be familiar with the exam structure and apply the skills learned from the book to the exercises. The book has a very coherent level division, easy to understand and practice at home.
Essential Writing for IELTS
Essential Writing for IELTS is for students who are studying and aiming for a score of 5.0 – 7.0 by helping them improve the following key points:
Guide readers from the most essential skill – writing sentences – to correct grammatical structure, and ensure the correct transmission of ideas. Lessons are arranged by topic so that learners can also develop more vocabulary by case. Improve the science for the writing process
The book includes: 18 Units with different lessons, divided equally into 3 levels
Each unit consists of 4-6 different exercises, from discussing ideas to making sentences, applying words to memorization exercises and writing complete articles. Workbook section with common IELTS format test questions with detailed suggested answers.
Pros & Cons
The book guides an approach to handling an article methodically, from easy to difficult, avoiding feeling “overwhelmed” and not knowing how to use words. The book has vocabulary exercises that are easy to understand but very effective. After practising vocabulary, you can thoroughly apply the knowledge you have learned to the official article.
However, the sample practice exercises are quite odd, not focused, do not go directly to knowledge.
Essential Speaking for IELTS
Essential Speaking mainly focuses on listening practice, combining listening and speaking. The book encourages you to learn to spend a lot of time listening to the dialogue and related to the communication situation before speaking practice. When using this book, candidates improve their speaking skills and add to their knowledge of American/British culture.
- Pre–Listening Exercises: Includes 12 Units with 35 lessons with diverse knowledge from culture and language knowledge (single word, compound word) related to topic, preparation exercises to practice listening skills.
- Listening Exercises: Includes listening exercises that appear in the IELTS Speaking section.
- Speaking Practice: Practice speaking skills from easy to difficult with a variety of exercises, the content learned in the previous two parts will be compiled into advanced exercises with a detailed transcript.
Essential Listening for IELTS
The book Essential Listening for IELTS includes: 26 Units with 52 different lessons, divided equally into 3 levels from basic – intermediate – advanced
- Level 1: Includes 3 Units, each unit follows a simple common theme (Orienation, Banking, Campus, …)
- Level 2: Includes 8 Units with topics that require a more diverse vocabulary. In level 2, the number of lessons is also increased with deeper topics
- Level 3: The most difficult level with 15 Units and a series of Lessons on different topics (Life Planning, Science and Technology, Psychology, Immigration, ..). Level 3 listening tests are more difficult and are often taken from real IELTS Listening test questions
Pros & Cons
Work book with intensive practice exercises in the format of the IELTS Listening test like the real test. Learners will be familiar with the exam structure and apply the skills learned from the book to the exercises.
The tapescript part is compiled in detail, to help learners, review what they have heard and highlight new or incorrect phrases and sentence structures. The book has a very coherent level division, easy to understand and practice at home.